Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Defective Hard Drive

A word to the wise: back up all your files. As I recently found out that my 6 month old lap top has a defective hard drive which causes ALL of my files to be non-existent unless I pay upwards of $1000, which is not happening on a teacher's salary.

Let me clarify when I say ALL files, I mean ALL: music, lesson plans, papers, documents, and pictures. Yes, pictures: weddings, bachelorette parties, date nights, trips, girl's nights out, Christmas, Thanksgiving (my first turkey), and much much more. After shedding a few tears and hoping my dear friends & family will send me copies of photos and music (hint hint) I realized that this is partially my own fault (Mac gets the majority of the blame because they should pay $1000 to get my files back). I am too reliant and trusting of technology. Just because a computer is brand new doesn't mean that it will safely house my most precious photos and memories. It won't ever be safe enough to do that, unless they gain human-like traits of sentiment which could lead to our world being controlled by machines. (You all saw the Matrix!)

On the upside, I will be getting a virtually brand new computer and a fresh start which I will spend backing up all my files on zip drives.

3 comments:

nicole said...

sad! i'm soo sorry this happened to you. that is the worst!

Lindsey said...

Wow, I just shed a tear for you...I can't imagine! But, no fear! Your girl Linz is here for you!! I don't have your firt turkey pics, but I have thousands of pictures from over the years, and I will start making CD's tonight! And you know I have quite the music library, and you are welcome to any and all of it. LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Les, this reminds me of a certain Sex and the City Episode. Hope you've seen it. She's got a Mac, too...and it's a "bad Mac". LOL.

Emily