Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Reason for our Budget -- Ellie May!

Lucas has been wanting a dog for awhile now but I consistently said no. However, we had been going to some shelters to look around but hadn't found one that really "clicked" with us. So I wasn't that concerned. A few weeks ago we went to look at a dog at the Meridian Animal Shelter and while he was very cute, we saw this little girl a few cages down -- it was love at first sight! We took her out to play and she was the sweetest thing ever! Everyone at the shelter just loves her and they really wanted her to go to a nice home. Now, as I'm sure you can recall, we weren't really allowed to have dogs here. However, we created a "dog-proof the house" plan and got the approval from the homeowners. We didn't want to tell anyone until it was official and it is official! We picked her up today from the hospital where she just got spayed and she is home safe and sound with us now. We love her!!! She is a black lab/border collie mix and about 1 1/2 years old. The name Ellie comes from the 'L' of Lucas and Leslie and May because that is our birthday month. We can't wait for everyone to meet her! Here she is . . .

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Holy Moly! That is one of the cutest smiles I've ever seen! First of all, the way you got "Ellie May" is freaking adorable! And the cute little puppy face just tops it off! I'm so happy for your new little addition. Just don't show her that I wrote "Boone" on the cookie jar...she might get jealous.