
I was out running errands this afternoon and I stopped to get some coffee. I went through the Starbucks drive thru. I ordered my Fall favorite -- a pumpkin spice latte and waited my turn in the line of cars. I had to a wait a little bit, but nothing outrageous, however, when I drove up to the window the wonderful barista, Maggie, told me to put my money away because she had made me wait too long in line -- it was on the house. Now, first of all, how rare is it that someone is so thoughtful and generous as to give away a free drink just because they had thought I had waited too long -- I hadn't even said anything. I was just so tickled and after the week I had been having it was such a fabulous moment to realize there are still wonderful people out there. But wait . . . there is more to the story. I was pulling out and taking a sip when I realized it wasn't a pumpkin spice latte but a mocha -- now I felt a little bad, because she had given me a free drink but a turned back through and when I came to the little voice box she was so apologetic and thankful that I had returned for my correct order. When I got to the window again, she gave me a coupon for a free drink and we chatted about the craziness that was her day and she thanked me for being so understanding. Little does she know that her kindness gave me new hope for the world, so thank you Maggie!
No comments:
Post a Comment