Saturday, February 7, 2009

We're Engaged!!!

One of my very dear friends, Lindsey is visiting this weekend and she was in the plan -- she took some amazing photos of the moments after the proposal!
Lucas completely surprised me (to be honest, I really didn't think he would ever ask me to marry him!). Lindsey and I had been talking about it yesterday and she did not mention anything -- very sneaky of her! Lucas got up early around 6:30ish and said he would make Lindsey and I breakfast before we went to the gym. He brought in a tray of breakfast around 7:30ish. I was still a little sleepy and thought he was just being sweet. He then pulled a present from under the bed -- a book. I knew what it was before I opened it because I made him a photo book of our trip to Peru and he said he almost did the same except a book of us. I knew this would be the book of us. It was so perfect and sweet, but still I had no idea, even though I was thinking it was a little weird. The second to last page of the book is an explanation of his love for me and how he knows he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. At this point, I was getting a little nervous and his eyes were tearing up -- the last sentence was "so I guess the question is whether you want the same." On the last page of book is a picture of the ring and the line, "I guess the question is, will you marry me?" Then he popped out the box with the most beautiful ring! A ruby with little diamonds set in white gold -- absolutely amazing!!! I love it and I love him!!
The Story of Us book and the ring box.

The breakfast!

I was so surprised!!

So happy!!!

Putting the ring on . . .

We got a little emotional!

Sharing a laugh . . .

Big hug!!

Celebrating and eating breakfast

The RING!!

7 comments:

Carl, Tara, Preston, Kelvin and Sullivan said...

Yeah!!!! We are so excited for you and it has to be the best proposal ever. Congrats!

Kristen Forbes said...

Oh my gosh. So, my family has obviously always loved Lucas and wanted the very best for him. And we have all loved Leslie since the day we met her and have already considered her to be a part of the family for these last several years. So this is the most exciting news EVER!!! And yes, best proposal EVER!!!

nicole said...

yayayaay!! its beautiful!
congratulations

Grant Factor said...

Congratulations you two!

I am ridiculously stoked for you both, and seriously impressed with the idea and execution of your plan (lucas). Enjoy this day!

Grant

Anonymous said...

yay! can't wait to see the ring and the book in person when you come to visit for SK's bday! so excited for you both! this means A LOT of weddings in the next 2 years! good times! love you both!

Shari said...

Congratulations Leslie and Lucas! We are very happy for you!!
Love from the other Gutwigs,
Jon, Shari, Jeremy, Jordan, and Deanna.

Kristen Forbes said...

Leslie, I got your note on my blog. Although my previous forays in public speaking have involved tears and downing multiple glasses of champagne in quick succession in order to gain the courage necessary to stand in front of a large group of people, I would be honored to make another attempt at your reception. :-)