I'm officially old now . . . or a small child (depending on how you look at it) because I have taken up sewing. I failed at knitting and crocheting so this is my last ditch to effort to learn a life skill I should already have . . . Mom, I'm sorry I thought I was too cool for school and never let you fully teach me how to sew!
I was gifted an awesome sewing machine for Christmas (thanks padres!) and now I am really, really trying to master the skill. I made some curtains -- you will see these once we finish our bedroom decor. And most recently, I made a pillow! Woot, woot!
I took a beginner class at Joann's and the only other participant was the instructor's 8 year old grand-daughter, so that was cool. Honestly, we were at about the same skill level, she might have been better at ironing (a skill I seriously don't have). We're not talking a simple little pillow case either, it took some skill. I'm super proud of it . . .
I was gifted an awesome sewing machine for Christmas (thanks padres!) and now I am really, really trying to master the skill. I made some curtains -- you will see these once we finish our bedroom decor. And most recently, I made a pillow! Woot, woot!
I took a beginner class at Joann's and the only other participant was the instructor's 8 year old grand-daughter, so that was cool. Honestly, we were at about the same skill level, she might have been better at ironing (a skill I seriously don't have). We're not talking a simple little pillow case either, it took some skill. I'm super proud of it . . .
Oh yea, it's reversible, no.big.deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment