Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Real Food: Frozen Burritos

In preparation for the school year, we have been prepping easy, fast food for the week. Lucas has his own college classes and I have VB practice, so we are pretty busy right now. I found this recipe from That Wife via Martha Stewart, and then pinned it on Pinterest (I will post about this soon!). These burritos are delish, and easy to freeze and a great grab and go meal.

Pinto beans, onions, garlic, tomato paste, water and red pepper flakes

Assembly line - brown rice, bean mixture, M. Jack cheese

These are my fav tortillas that you cook yourself from Costco - 1/4 cup rice

1/4 cup bean mixture, a little cheese, then fold

I made lots!
I wrapped each one in foil, filled a freezer bag full and they are ready to go -- they take about a minute in the microwave (give or take 30 sec.) Enjoy!

1 comment:

nicole said...

Thanks for posting...Im gonna make these to have on hand when babe is here and we have no time or energy to cook!