Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My First Race: Women's Fitness Celebration

I ran my first 5K this past weekend and it was awesome! Mandy, Tara, and the boys were in town for the weekend, so we all headed downtown Saturday morning for the event. It was a huge crowd, and very fun. Next year, I will try to plan further in advance so my girlfriends can join -- it is definitely an event for a group! I had fun nonetheless, and met the hubs and the rest of the fam at the finish line.

I was a little nervous since I signed up for the competitive run and had to finish in under 35 minutes (what they would do to me, I don't know, considering there was lots more ladies behind me.) I chose a pace and stuck with it, even up a pretty decent sized hill that I didn't know about -- yikes!

Can you spot me? I'm wearing pink!

Very focused on my music - I didn't even see Lucas taking pictures!

Finished!

Preston giving the snarl. :) Love him!

Yay running!!
I finished in 33:59, which is a PR for me, and I couldn't be prouder! I will be running in the Barbur to Boise 10K in October!

3 comments:

Sarah K. said...

Congrats girl! Looking fierce :)

Shelley said...

Nice work Les! Wish we all lived closer so we could all run together! Can't wait to near about the next one!

Shelley said...

Oops...hear!