Saturday, March 10, 2012

Baby Shower Crafts

One of our good friends, Courtney, is due to pop any day with a little bundle of joy, so a group of us teamed up to throw her a shower! It was all DIY, and luckily my girl Lindsey had planned a trip to visit me so we could be crafty together!

It was a team effort to create these super cute invites.


Each guest was assigned a month (the theme was seasons), guess which month I had?

I used freezer paper in the Cricut to cut out a stencil for BOO and the pumpkin (this is all per Lindsey teaching me), then you iron the shiny side down on your clothing, and paint with regular craft paint - so fun and so easy.

We also played a fun guessing game at the shower with onesies!

A no-sew fleece blankie for football season.

Onesie cookies . . . my first attempt at these failed miserably - but this recipe worked like a charm.

Lindsey helping me decorate

Royal icing is awesome.

First attempt

Here are the actual ones - I made the final versions yellow and added a little extra detail

Homemade Funfetti cupcakes with vanilla buttercream - designed as rainbows!

I apologize for the terrible lighting - these were done late at night!

All the cookie favors


These are homemade chocolate buttermilk cupcakes with peanut butter butter cream - SO GOOD! I couldn't get the frosting to turn blue, and I refused to put rainbows on a green sky - so the best husband ever ran out to get me pretzals and m&ms so I could transform them in to butterflies!
Next up: The Shower!

No comments: