Monday, May 13, 2013

The Room!

I have finally pulled my life together enough to get this post on Isla's room completed. I wanted to make sure I could reference where I purchased/received certain items in case others like them. I am so, so happy with how the room turned out, and it is a place I love to be (good thing because I am there a lot!). We shifted the guest room over to the office, and the office was dispersed throughout the rest of the house. We wanted the baby's room to have the window seat as well as the ceiling fan.
There is list of items and where they were purchased at the end of the post!

I love the room, and Isla is already beginning to take it all in and she stares and stares at the tree when she is in her crib, so I hope she loves it just as much as we do!
We love the big window!

My talented friend Christy did both trees in the room, and we had a painting party to complete them.

This is Lucas' teddy bear and rocking chair from when he was a kid.


My mom and I made the window seat - I love the fabric.

The Duck night light is from my MIL and I love how it fits right in!

Custom artwork from our friend Courtney, and Lucas' art project which is still in the works . . .

Love You Are My Sunshine - my sister Megan made the one on the right, and I made the other to match.

Love.

My mom made the bookshelf and hosted the shower where I received most of the books.

Lucas wanted a taste of Oregon, so we included a Doug Fir too.

Crib from Walmart
Changing table/dresser - previous piece that we re-painted
Changing pad cover - Target
Rocking chair - BRUS
Curtains - Target (I hemmed them to fit)
Rocking chair - Lucas' childhood chair
Bookshelf - gift from Mom
Owl lamp - Target
Sound machine (we love this!) - Target
Floating shelves - Lowes
Artwork - all artwork was either gifted or done myself

1 comment:

nicole said...

YAY! Been excited to see her room! Its beautiful! Good job - it is obviously a labor of love!