Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

The fam came over for Thanksgiving again this year and we also hosted some friends too. We had nine people total and we prepared a non-traditional dinner; two types of pot roast -- both delicious, streuseled sweet potatoes, quinoa risotto, spinach/cranberry salad, and crescent rolls (always a staple!). Everything was delicious! My mom brought an awesome pecan pie, Courtney made her family cheesecake, Kira made a pumpkin pie from scratch, and Lucas made his frozen chocolate pies. YUM! Ellie and Dax had quite a good time licking up the leftovers too! I was also a little crafty this year . . . of course I did not come up with these things on my own, I will link the blogs where I got my ideas!
A gave these as favors, I completely stole the idea from Nicole's blog (she finds the best things ever) and she got it from Martha. I added ribbon to the boxes because they needed something. I also used this maple sugar cookie recipe, but wasn't that impressed. I will probably try to find another, it wasn't maplely enough for me! I also just rolled the cookies into balls, then rolled them in sugar instead of using a cookie cutter.

The start of this project.


The finished product -- pilgrim hat place cards!

My table looked like this . . .

The whole fam -- this is the posed version.

The best dogs ever! Ellie and Dax.

The real fam! I love it!

Me and the boy.

Meg and me.

2 comments:

nicole said...

LOVE your craftiness! i made those cookies too - i used the martha one i mentioned in my post and they aren't overtly mapely but they were REALLY good. i'll type it up and post it or email it to you. glad it was a good day!

Lindsey said...

Love the silly picture with the fam...i think it would make an amazing Christmas card! Love you!