Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Camping 2009

Lucas has been a part of this camping group since he was born. It consists of 3 families that have now grown up and are beginning to create their own families. The "kids" who are now all adults consider each other siblings, and I have been lucky enough to join this extended family now too! (Although, early on Lucas made a rule that no one could join the group without a ring on their finger, then he proceeded to break his own rule by inviting me!) However, now I am official, as I got the ring!! We camped at Paradise Campground about an hour outside of Bend. It was amazing weather, delicious food, and fun times sitting around the citronella candle (it was too hot for a fire!) We had a great time visiting with everyone, even though a few were missing (we missed you Mandy & Tyler!!), it is definitely something we both look forward to every year.
On the drive there I spotted something a little unusual . . . do you see the passenger this motorcyclist is traveling with?? Look closely, he's a little furry! Lucas and I were so dumbfounded we had a to take a picture, luckily the driver gave us a little wave! :)

Kristen's fabulous cupcake extravaganza!

One of my favs . . . Preston as a frog, Unkey Skunky as a lion.

Preston donning a pretty sweet sweat suit and 80s shades . . . how adorable!!

Jess and Kristen sporting their gold gloves (there was an 80s theme, Kristen is the only one who really dominated the costume aspect)

Sitting around . . .

Spencer helping Ryan and Grace build a boat.

Cute little Grace.

Dallas digging for gold!

Tucker found an interesting place to rest.

Little Ryan in the kayak.

Lucas having a special moment with Tuck.

The whole group!

Ellie & Tucker cuddling in the car ride home.

No comments: