Sneak peek of my purple accessory . . .
Working on the fit board . . .
After having such a wonderful weekend, the stress and reality of real life started back up on Tuesday. Tuesday is also the day my back started to hurt . . . it wasn't too painful, just a little zing up the spine whenever I bent over. I popped some Excedrin, and kept on truckin'. It wasn't getting better as the week went on, but it wasn't super bad either. Then on Thursday, the unthinkable . . . my.computer.crashed. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! It was too hectic to take it in during the week, so the plan was to take it in on Saturday.
On Saturday, however, I could hardly get out of bed I was in so.much.pain. I was crying because of the pain (always a sign something is wrong) Lucas took me to Urgent Care for some serious drugs, and the order to rest it. Let me just say, this was pretty much the most pain I have ever been in. I could hardly walk, it was impossible to stand up straight, and it hurt to sit down too . . . I looked like this:

Except my hands couldn't really grab my back in pain, because it hurt to move my arms. Meanwhile, I was following Dr's orders, Lucas took such good care of me, and took my computer into the Mac store where he was told, the hard drive had crashed. Not.cool. I wasn't too worried though because I had everything backed up on an external hard drive. Here comes the real "kick her while she's down" moment. When I connected my external hard drive to restore all my files, it.was.empty. As in there was NOTHING there. Here's how I reacted to that:

This picture probably only really represents about 60% of my real reaction . . .thank you again to my amazing husband who talked me down. (and trust me the people at Memorex got the brunt force of my anger when I called and bi#$@ed them out.)
So it is now Tuesday, I have a new hard drive, I am slowly trying to collect pictures & music from everyone, and I went back to work today (I took yesterday off because I still couldn't stand up straight). My back is still pretty sore, but feeling MUCH better, and I am slowly but surely regaining my sanity. So whatever I did to the universe to deserve such karma, I am trying really hard to make up for it . . .
On a positive note, Lucas and I bought a new dining room table, and we love it! I'll leave you with some pics of the new furniture (best deal ever from Costco!)
2 comments:
glad you are feeling better - i am SO sorry for such a rough week. i am going to go back up my computer ASAP.
LOVE the table!
Oh, I so relate. Back pain is the weirdest and worst pain ever.
Post a Comment