Thursday, July 7, 2011

Real Food: Stuffed Peppers

I used leftovers from a previous dinner to make stuffed peppers - I didn't take pictures of the dinner from the night before but it was yummy, and super easy. Quinoa with black beans and corn -- I cooked the quinoa in chicken stock, cumin, cayenne, and I threw in red pepper flakes. Then, you saute onions and garlic. I added a can of diced tomatoes and green chile peppers that I had on hand, and a can of black beans, and 1 cup of corn -- the basic recipe is from allrecipes, but I adjusted!

I served this with sour cream and avocados -- Yum!


The next night, we had stuffed peppers and I used the quinoa mixture to stuff the peppers (while this was good, I think using rice is better!)

Place your cut peppers in boiling water fro 5-7 minutes

Combine your stuffing -- here is quinoa, tomatoes, sauteed onions, black beans

Add a little sauce -- Worcestershire and tomato puree

Fill your peppers

Top with cheese, and the rest of the tomato sauce -- bake! If you use instant rice, you'll need to bake for 45 minutes, I used pre-cooked quinoa so it was only 30.

No comments: