Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Real Food: Bread Machine Fail

I tried out our new bread machine this past week, and it was a great big fail. Whomp, whomp. It was totally user error (I still love the gift, Mom!) I am going to tackle it again this week, so hopefully I will come back with better reviews.

So excited to learn how to use it properly!

This is where I should have added more liquid - it didn't mix properly, which resulted in a heavy, dense loaf with chunks of flour on top and throughout the loaf (if I can even call it that)

While waiting, I ate some delicious nectarines, and bananas . . .

Mixed with my favorite yogurt of all time. So GOOD! Go try it!

Loaf of bread FAIL

This is not what the loaves at Great Harvest look like!

Of course, we still ate some pieces while it was warm -- after it cooled, it was no bueno.
I should have read the manual more thoroughly prior to using it, but oh well! Next time I will keep a closer eye on it while it is in the mixing and kneading stages and add more water if necessary -- that is what I should have done with this loaf. More attempts to come this week!

1 comment:

Sarah K. said...

Too funny! A for effort though :)