Sunday, October 16, 2011

Running: Barber to Boise 10K

I ran my first 10K this past weekend, and all I can say is that I finished. Yikes, it was not pretty. I don't think I trained enough so at the 4 mile mark, my right knee starting shooting pain from my hip to my ankle. I had to stop and walk twice just so that I could get to the finish. Luckily, I felt really good the first 4 miles, so my pace was solid, and I finished in under 75 minutes which was my goal. I will definitely be taking some recovery time to get my knee back in shape, and then training a lot more before I run another 10K.

You can see my pain in a straightened right leg, and my hunched overness!

Hunched in pain, but so close to the finish!

Smiling because I am done -- and with friends!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Way to finish! I hit a wall at 4 miles in my 10k too....mine was due to the heat though! Knee pain is no fun. I've been wearing bands on both my knees and taking glucoseamine too. I think they both have been helping so much!!! Whens the next race?