Saturday, January 14, 2012

Back on the Pavement

This last weekend, I attempted to run. It has been 12 weeks since my 10K when I injured my right knee. I have been struggling to recover and rehab the patella tendinitis that I was diagnosed with. I have missed running so so much.

I went out on my first run last Sunday with the thought in mind that I would start super super slow. I ran a song, walked a song, and went SO SLOW. It was difficult because my head was so excited to be running, and thought, "Yea, we are running, let's go, let's go." But I had to keep reminding myself to go slow. I only went about 1.8 miles, but I returned home with no knee pain! Here's hoping this is a good sign for things to come!

I have to keep this motto in my head as I continue to work back into shape . . .

No comments: