Friday, January 13, 2012

Pinterest Find: Lemon Raspberry Bars

I have been feeling domestic lately, so I tried out a new recipe for a sweet treat, that did not include chocolate, we've had enough chocolate.

I pinned this recipe on Pinterest, and decided to give it a try.

First I'll post photos then I will share the changes that I made, and the changes that I will make when I make it again.

Graham cracker crust

Raspberry filling

Adding the cream cheese mixture

Jam layer


Baking after adding white chips, coconut and almonds
Now let me just start by saying these are pretty tasty, and I will be making them again. That being said, I made some major adjustments while making them, and I will make one final adjustment when I make them again.

Here's what I changed:
- graham cracker crust: I threw a whole stick of butter in, what's with this 6TB ridiculousness?
- cream cheese layer: I used A LOT more lemon zest, and as much juice as I could possibly squeeze outta that thing - we like lemon, so I'm not afraid to use it. *** The cream cheese layer was NOT thick enough for my liking, next time I make this I will use 2 packages of cream cheese and then add a whole lot more lemon too.
- raspberry jam: it says to use a half a cup, I spread wayyy more than that on there - it is super yummy. I think I used about a cup maybe a little more and still had about a cup to put in the freezer too.
- Be sure to press it all down with a fork like the recipe says . . . that's on there for a reason.

Enjoy!

No comments: