Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Design on a Dime - Laundry Room

I have been dying to get our laundry room clean and organized. We have a lot of school bags that always get dropped in the family room, on the front chairs, or on the kitchen table, so my first priority was hooks. I also just wanted a deep clean of the room, because it was gross. So we scrubbed this room clean, chose a bright, clean paint color and got to work! Our goal was to get it done under $100. The final breakdown is listed below!

Bar from Lowes, baskets from the Dollar Tree

2X4s painted to match the wall, and hardware attached for all of our stuff!

The best hooks ever from IKEA

Moved the bulletin board from the office - a dropping ground for mail

So fresh and so clean! My goal is to get a cute/fun vinyl quote to place above the closet - I will be searching for the best deals!

The final cost breakdown:
Paint: $35
2X4s: $10
Hardware (hooks, bar above sink, mollies for the wall, bag of plastic staples): $49.61
Dog butt hooks: $5
Baskets: $1
Total: $100.61 - 61 cents over budget . . . I think we can handle that! :)

No comments: