This make-over was completed a LONG time ago, but I have been so lazy that I didn't take photos for it until today - I had a draft of this post sitting in my box, and it is dated March 2011 - no bueno!
It took us a lot longer than anticipated to actually finish because we were on the lookout for a headboard, curtains, and other items that we had certain requirements for . . . So, finally, here we go with our bedroom make-over. Our goal was to complete this for under $500, I still have one more thing to purchase, but the final breakdown is at the end of the post!
Final Cost Breakdown:| Painting! We chose a blue that is really beautiful! |
| We wanted a headboard - and that became our next focus |
| We found this headboard at a consignment shop for $25 - woot woot! We didn't like the wood color so we painted it! |
| After! We also purchased a canvas of one of our wedding photos - I still want to purchase a custom vinyl quote from the ee cummings poem that was read at our wedding |
| We painted it cream - but wanted it to look worn and used. |
| We mounted the TV in the corner |
| New curtains and hardware |
Paint and Supplies: $59.12 - we had a gift card to Lowes that we used too!
Bedding: $76.31
New flat screen TV: $138
Fabric: $20
Curtains and Hardware: $102.36
Headboard and paint: $45
Canvas photo: $20
Total Cost: $460.70
Budget: $500
We are about $40 under budget, but I will use that up once I purchase the vinyl quote for above the bed.
1 comment:
It looks awesome Leslie. It must be nice to have a posh haven to retire to every night. Well done you. :)
Post a Comment