Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Liebster Award

The lovely Kristen tagged me for a Liebster Blog Award. If you're not familiar with her, you should check her blog out. She's a writer - an awesome one. And a super awesome person too.


What is the Liebster Award?

The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. - I copied this from Kristen!

The Rules:

1. If you are tagged/nominated, you have to post 11 facts about yourself.

2. Then you answer the 11 questions the tagger has given you & make 11 questions for the people you are going to tag.

3. Tag 11 more Bloggers.

4. Tell the people you tagged that you did.

5. No tagging back.

6. The person you tag must have less than 200 followers.


Eleven Facts About Me:



1.) I am a huge Oregon Ducks fan. Huge.


2.) So huge in fact, that we got married on the University of Oregon campus in front of the library. We visit campus every summer to re-live our wedding. And to visit the Duck store.

3.) I am married to an even bigger Duck fan than myself. True story.


4.) I have two pups named Ellie May and Atticus (yes, from To Kill a Mockingbird).


5.) I have the most amazing friends ever. It really isn't fair to others.


6.) Coffee makes me a better person. Ask my co-workers.


7.) How I Met Your Mother is one of my all-time favorite shows. The hubs and I like to believe we are Lily and Marshall.


8.) I teach English to teenagers.


9.) I don't like doing things I'm bad at.


10.) I am really bad at golf, therefore, I do not play golf.

11.) I like to run.


My Questions:



1.) What is your favorite quote?
"There are always two choices. Two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it’s easy."

Unknown


2.) If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Tough one - can they be dead? Maybe MLK? Gandi? Someone wise and open-minded.

3.) What was the last book you read that made you cry?
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson - it is YA, but so wonderful.

4.) What do you miss most about being a kid?
Having no responsibilities.

5.) What's your worst habit?
Interrupting people when they talk.

6.) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you like to live?
Spain or Germany or Italy or Thailand.

7.) What is your favorite smell?
Vanilla

8.) How do you define honesty?
Tell the truth, it's important.

9.) What is the main thing that makes you unique?
My laugh.

10.) What is your favorite holiday?
Duckmas - the first Duck football game of the season. ;)

11.) What is your favorite magazine?
Glamour.





Blogs I Read with Less Than 200 Followers:

http://sarahkdaybyday.blogspot.com/
http://grantandnicole.blogspot.com/
http://carlandtara.blogspot.com/


Eleven Questions for Others:

1. What does your name mean?
2. If you could write a book, what would it be about?

3. What was your favorite subject in high school and why?

4. You are at dinner with five people, dead or alive, who are your guests?

5. Who is your celebrity crush?

6. What is the last thing you did/watched/heard that really made you smile?

7. What is the last thing you did/watched/heard that really made you cry?

8. Have you been watching and enjoying the Olympics?

9. What 3 traits do you hope your children or future children have as adults?

10. What is your favorite TV show?

11. What is your favorite family tradition?

That's not eleven blogs. But it is all that I got. Have fun!