Let's get this sucker caught up, since the announcement has been made! Then I can really get rolling on my weekly updates. We received our positive pregnancy test in June, and were very surprised that it happened so quickly! We were able to share with our immediate families while we were in Oregon in July, and then we patiently (or not so patiently) waited to share with our extended family and friends. Here is the general update on how I've been feeling, and the first set of bump pics (or pot belly, depending on the moment!)
How far along? 14w 6d
How are you feeling? I have felt pretty lucky to not have been puking my guts out! I was pretty nauseous for the first 10 weeks or so, but I was still able to function. My nose has been stuffed up, and I had about a week where I wasn't sleeping - that has not been a problem since school started! My skin has been less than ideal - but it hasn't been as bad as it could be, and it seems to be clearing up now.
Cravings? Bagels and cream cheese for the first 12 weeks for sure . . . I also wanted that yesterday, so I think it will stick with me. Once I was craving Doritoes (I never eat chips, so that was weird), and there was one day after practice, where I thought I would die unless I ate some steak, so I got a Qdoba Steak Salad. Random.
What I love: Finally telling everyone!
What I'm looking forward to the most: Our next appt. I love hearing the heartbeat!
Worries: That something will go wrong . . . I won't type all the possibilities, but just insert all irrational thoughts, and that is my brain.
Movement: I wish! I think I will feel much better about things once I can feel baby move!
The belly: More like a pot belly than a bump . . . I'm trying to rock it though.
Boy or Girl: I think it is a girl - no real feeling, or dreams, just throwing out a guess. I did have a friend who had a dream that it was a girl for us though!
Milestones: Baby can squint, frown, grimace, pee, and maybe even suck his thumb! Baby is also 3.5 inches and 1.5 ounces now. Grow baby, grow!!
Best moment of the week: Telling everyone!! Yay!
I swear I wear other clothing, but with volleyball season under way the only time we take pictures is after practice or games . . . so I am wearing workout clothes, or coaching gear. Hopefully, cute outfits will be photographed soon!
How far along? 14w 6d
How are you feeling? I have felt pretty lucky to not have been puking my guts out! I was pretty nauseous for the first 10 weeks or so, but I was still able to function. My nose has been stuffed up, and I had about a week where I wasn't sleeping - that has not been a problem since school started! My skin has been less than ideal - but it hasn't been as bad as it could be, and it seems to be clearing up now.
Cravings? Bagels and cream cheese for the first 12 weeks for sure . . . I also wanted that yesterday, so I think it will stick with me. Once I was craving Doritoes (I never eat chips, so that was weird), and there was one day after practice, where I thought I would die unless I ate some steak, so I got a Qdoba Steak Salad. Random.
What I love: Finally telling everyone!
What I'm looking forward to the most: Our next appt. I love hearing the heartbeat!
Worries: That something will go wrong . . . I won't type all the possibilities, but just insert all irrational thoughts, and that is my brain.
Movement: I wish! I think I will feel much better about things once I can feel baby move!
The belly: More like a pot belly than a bump . . . I'm trying to rock it though.
Boy or Girl: I think it is a girl - no real feeling, or dreams, just throwing out a guess. I did have a friend who had a dream that it was a girl for us though!
Milestones: Baby can squint, frown, grimace, pee, and maybe even suck his thumb! Baby is also 3.5 inches and 1.5 ounces now. Grow baby, grow!!
Best moment of the week: Telling everyone!! Yay!
I swear I wear other clothing, but with volleyball season under way the only time we take pictures is after practice or games . . . so I am wearing workout clothes, or coaching gear. Hopefully, cute outfits will be photographed soon!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness...you guys are sooooo adorable! xoxoxo Can't wait to meet baby Younger!
Hey, you can update your 30 before 30 list. :-) super fun to see the pics and read your thoughts on everything!
Loving the weekly pics! You look amazing...so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment