Friday, October 19, 2012

21 Weeks!


How far along? 21w4d

How are you feeling? Really no symptoms, feeling totally normal.

Cravings? None.

What I love: The growing bump!

What I'm looking forward to the most: Our next ultrasound as follow-up from our anatomy scan . . . see worries.

What I'm missing: Turkey sandwiches.

Worries: Everything at our a/s went really well, and baby was so fun to see moving around. When we talked to the midwife, the one thing they found was that the umbilical cord only has two vessels, when it should have three. She didn't seem too concerned but said that it could potentially cause problems with the kidneys, or the urinary tract . . . so we are having a following up ultrasound at a maternal-fetal center, and then we will go from there. Most likely they will just check growth, but right now everything is measuring within 1 day of our original due date.

Movement: I think I've been feeling some little pokes, but nothing significant yet.

The belly: Bought my first pair of maternity jeans . . . definitely feeling a little larger.

Boy or Girl: No clue this week.

Milestones: Baby is the size of a pomegranate - which is about 7 inches long, and about 10 ounces. Baby should weigh about a full pound in the next few weeks. The babe is growing eyebrows and eyelashes too!

Best moment of the week: Getting to see baby move and hear the heartbeat again.

2 comments:

Shelli Bunn-Petterson said...

You look amazing Leslie; motherhood agrees with you.

Shelli Bunn-Petterson said...

You look amazing Leslie; motherhood agrees with you.