Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Week 29/30!


How far along? 30w2d

How are you feeling? So we are officially in the third trimester! What?! I can't believe it! We kinda missed week our week 29 pic (oops), just imagine a slightly smaller bump! We have been super busy, and had lots of dr. appts in the last two weeks for my basic care, and then baby's growth check. I have been feeling OK - some weird nausea/vomiting creeping in, some sore hips and back, but overall I can't really complain. Baby Younger is growing right on schedule and weighed in at 3lb, 9oz at our growth check . . . I almost passed out from lying on my back during the ultrasound, but all was quickly fixed with an amazing ultrasound tech who promptly got things back in order. Hopefully that doesn't happen again! Yeesh!

Cravings? None.

What I love: Lots of kicks.

What I'm looking forward to the most:Winter Break - please get here faster - no seriously, this week needs to be over.

What I'm missing: Wine.

Worries: Feeling pretty good . . . did have a moment in the car today where I thought, holy shit there is going to be a third person in our house!

Movement: Still a lot, especially in the evenings when I am sitting on the couch.

The belly: Getting big!

Boy or Girl: As long as it's healthy, I don't care!

Milestones: Via thebump.com, at week 30, baby already measures about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long and weighs about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds. Her skin continues to get smoother while her brain is getting wrinklier -- to make
way for all that essential brain tissue. One smart baby is forming! And while your little cucumber is not even the size of a five-pound weight, she is strong enough to grasp a finger. Just imagine her itty-bitty fingers clutching your pinky... are you melting yet?



Best moment of the week: Seeing baby again, and the successful growth check - one more in 6 weeks, and then they'll let me roll . . .

No comments: