Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter and Updates

We have been so busy with all the things that come up during the spring time in school and life. Isla is turning into such a little toddler these days, and she is so much fun. Plus, feisty! ;) Here are a few updates, then of course, pictures!

Isla at 14 months 7days

Food and Bottles - we weaned off all of her day time bottles and she rocks the straw cups with whole milk and water. She continues to LOVE to eat. She has never left food on her tray and she has never denied any food we have given her. She loves eggs, avocados, chicken, hamburger, goldfish, toast and peanut butter, waffles with lemon curd (who doesn't?), all fruit, peas, corn, broccoli, brussell sprouts, asparagus, and much more. She loves to eat! We still have one bottle of milk right before bed, but she has been more picky with that lately, so I'm sure it won't last much longer.

Sleep - aw, glorious sleep. In hopes of not jinxing anything, I will say that sleep has been much more consistent - about 7:30-6:30ish and if she does wake up there is reason -- sick, thirsty, teething, or diaper blowout. She loves to be in her crib in the morning and doesn't ask to be picked up quickly. She waves to the dogs, crawls around in it, snuggles her blankies, and gives the dogs more kisses. Adorable. She could honestly care less that I am even there.

Play - she is getting so much more fun with play time. She is much more interactive, attempts the actual tasks (put the shapes in the container) and is very good at playing on her own. She pulls all of her toys out of the trunk, and loves her xylophone. This girl is in to music. She loves to crawl up the stairs and then rock back and forth on them - cool, Isla, real cool. She plays chase with Lucas, loves to rock on her elephant, and she loved her some plastic Easter eggs. Books are also huge. She pulls them all off the shelf, reads them to herself, carries them to us to read, it is awesome.

Is she walking yet? The most common question ever - and the answer is nope. We did have a rocking time tonight though practicing her balance. She was super adorable and gave kisses every time she fell. She pulls up on everything, walks around furniture, walks with us holding her hands, but is not doing it on her own yet, and I am totally fine with that. She'll do when she's ready!

Teeth - she has 9 teeth currently, one of which is HUGE molar on the bottom. We thought it was a canine, and it was a bitch coming up. I felt when it broke through and then didn't really feel again until later, and then I was SHOCKED when I saw how big it was, and that it was actually a molar. Whhooo, not excited for the next one.

Talking/Signing - we have been teaching her some signs, and she has milk, more, eat, and please down pat. She can say pop (as in pop goes the weasel, not soda pop), doggie, please, and owie is her newest one, right after she intentionally pulls her own hair or hits herself in the face.

I am sure there is much more, but I'll stop there. We love you SOOO much sweet girl, and are loving watching you grow, learn, and develop into your own little person.


She was not happy about the grass situation - now she loves it, and eats a lot of dirt.

Loving on Atticus 
Her hair is in a constant state of disarray, but I love this photo for so many reasons.

New Easter outfit from Oma and Opa

Snuggles with Auntie Christy

I love her so much.

Easter basket time!

Thanks Grammie for the cute bunny bell!

love.

We had a very low key holiday breakfast with our friends Christy and AJ and then proceeded to have a very lazy family day around the house. 



No comments: