A better pan, parchment paper, and lots of butter & flour -- a baker's best friend!
Before the egg whites, very thick batter!
After adding 8 egg whites . . .
Filling the center . . .
The good . . .
- the cake is super delicious, moist, dense, full of amazing flavor, definite winner
- the parchment paper & new pan; major benefits
- leveling the cakes, nuff' said
- yummy frosting
The bad . . .
- the frosting isn't butter cream so it is meant to be "messy" looking not clean and smooth
- the frosting got kinda hard; similar to a meringue the next day. I didn't cover the cake because I read the frosting made it soggy - I would like a frosting that I can use the day before the wedding and that will still be delicious the next day!
Next up: frosting testing and tasting this weekend, except I will be using a cheap Duncan Hines cake mix as my base -- let me tell you, the boys are excited!
2 comments:
2 pounds of butter (1/2 salted, 1 & 1/2 unsalted)
8 ounces of cream cheese (both butter and cream cheese at room temp.)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
slivers scraped from the inside of two vanilla beans (chop into tiny pieces)
Whip the butter until creamy, slowly add in small quarter size pieces of cream cheese until completely smooth, add vanilla extract, slivers, and other flavors as desired.
This should spread on creamy and is super yummy. Double recipe as needed depending on how big the cake is. * It is amazing if you add fruit to it; for instance crushed raspberries or strawberries to do accent parts of the cake (such as a border or pattern). It looks beautiful because is has a nice color and tastes wonderful.
Oops, I forgot to list the sugar. For super sweet 1 & 1/2 cups of powdered sugar added to whipped butter pre cream cheese. For a more mild flavor, 3/4 or 1 cup of powdered sugar. :)
Post a Comment