Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Food Rules


In case you haven't heard Lucas and I are trying out the whole vegetarian lifestyle for the month of August. We saw the documentary, Food, Inc. and were super disturbed about the state of the meat/food industry in this nation. We didn't really eat that much meat before but we typically cook with ground turkey and chicken. After seeing what happens to chickens (via the documentary) I don't know if I can ever eat them again. Therefore, we are going through quite a large lifestyle change in terms of food. At Target today, I purchased a book called Food Rules. I finished it in an hour. It is smart, funny, and overall the best $9 that I have ever spent. He researched nutrition and the food industry to answer the question, What should we eat? He found a very simple answer: food. His book is comprised of his "rules" for food and eating, they are more like guidelines. Buy it. Read it. It will change your life.

P.S. Our new food that we love . . . rice noodles, check em out.

No comments: