Baby fever has been running rampant around here and the latest mom-to-be is my friend Mindy, who is due to give birth on March 5, to a little boy! Friends, Katie and Camille joined in on the hosting duties, and everyone had an awesome time. I was in charge of cupcakes . . . and of course had to cute them up a bit!
I made the cupcake liners and round flags with craft paper and a circle cutter. Here's what I did . . .
Now for some guests and baby goodness! I really should have taken more pictures, but I was too busy holding babies! :)
| Lemon cupcakes with raspberry filling; I used boxed cake mix and Smuckers jam, but I did make my own cream cheese frosting using this recipe. Super yummy! |
| Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter filling and chocolate frosting. I did a test run of these at home (Lucas was happy!) and the peanut butter filling got too hard for my liking. I searched for another recipe before the actual shower and found this one from Martha Stewart, it was DELICIOUS! (p.s. we gotta break the food rules every once in a while!) |
| trace the template . . . I found mine here. |
| cut a fancy edge |
2 comments:
WAY cute! love the cupcake liners - I had no idea they were so easy! How do you get the filling in the cupcakes?
Love it. :)
Post a Comment