Remember that delicious loaf of High 5 Fiber bread that I purchased? Well, that same day I prepared this delicious lunch for Lucas and I when he got home from summer school.
Sandwiches: High 5 Fiber bread, deli-turkey, 1 slice provolone, avocado, tomatoes, spinach, Dijon mustard, and I sprinkled mine with a little lemon pepper.
Chips: Now hear me out, I love me some chips. Like, I could eat a whole bag by myself. However, if you have ever looked at the ingredients, or know anything about chips, it is no bueno to eat a whole bag of chips. So we tried something quite unique that I have seen on a few food blogs -- kale. I know what you're thinking -- what the &*%$ is kale? It is a leafy green vegetable full of nutrients, you can read about it here. Here's what you do to make the chips -- you break the leaves off and spread them out on a cookie sheet, sprinkle some olive oil over all of the pieces, and then sprinkle some salt (I used garlic salt). Place them in the oven at 375, and bake for 15 minutes or until crunchy when you push them around on the pan.
I know it sounds weird, but they were very good, and just like chips in texture and even flavor. Just try them.
I threw in a delicious pickle, and lunch was served!
I know it looks like a salad, it's not -- they are crunchy and yummy.
Sandwiches: High 5 Fiber bread, deli-turkey, 1 slice provolone, avocado, tomatoes, spinach, Dijon mustard, and I sprinkled mine with a little lemon pepper.
Chips: Now hear me out, I love me some chips. Like, I could eat a whole bag by myself. However, if you have ever looked at the ingredients, or know anything about chips, it is no bueno to eat a whole bag of chips. So we tried something quite unique that I have seen on a few food blogs -- kale. I know what you're thinking -- what the &*%$ is kale? It is a leafy green vegetable full of nutrients, you can read about it here. Here's what you do to make the chips -- you break the leaves off and spread them out on a cookie sheet, sprinkle some olive oil over all of the pieces, and then sprinkle some salt (I used garlic salt). Place them in the oven at 375, and bake for 15 minutes or until crunchy when you push them around on the pan.
I know it sounds weird, but they were very good, and just like chips in texture and even flavor. Just try them.
I threw in a delicious pickle, and lunch was served!
I know it looks like a salad, it's not -- they are crunchy and yummy.
No comments:
Post a Comment