Sunday, July 10, 2011

Kind Real Food: Banoffee Mash

Ok, so this only partially qualifies as real food, because of the use of graham crackers which are pretty processed . . . but ya know, you only live once -- so we splurge every once in a while.

I saw this on the Food Network, on 5 Ingredient Fix, and it looked to too good, so I had to try it, plus I had all the ingredients besides the graham crackers. It is called Banoffe Mash because it is a mix of banana and toffee . . . and it is a mash of them both!

A graham cracker crust (2 packages of grahams mixed with one stick melted butter in food processor, bake for 12 minutes at 350) Fill with one banana.

Here's the crazy step: place a can of sweet and condensed milk in a pot of water (cover the top of the can), bring to a boil, then turn down to med. and let simmer for 3 hours (yes 3). Carefully open it (as you can see I had a little situation, when I opened my can). Pour over the banana. Add another banana on top.

Make fresh whipped cream .  . . place a quart of whipping cream and mix until it is whipped, I added a TB of sugar and a splash of vanilla extract. Cover the pie, chill for one hour -- please try this, it is so yummy!

No comments: