Monday, November 2, 2009

Green & Yellow Wedding: The Details!

The details of our wedding were very important to us. We wanted our wedding to be very "us" and for our guests to notice the details and immediately think, "of course, Lucas and Leslie would do this . . ." Of course, the location of our wedding was huge. But we also wanted to includes pieces of us throughout the entire day! Enjoy!

Lindsey & Sarah crafted flip-flops with flowers and tanks for getting ready.

I handmade all my bridesmaid's jewelry as gifts and I couldn't find anything I liked for myself so I ended up making my own about 2 days before the wedding too!

I had a slight shoe trauma, where I found the PERFECT shoes from J.Crew only to order them, have them be too big, send them back to exchange them, come to find out they were sold out of ALL of them. Oh, no! My sister and I first went on a hunt, couldn't find anything. Then about 4 days before the wedding, my mom and I found a pair that I really liked, but it was missing something, a bow. So mom, the amazing woman that she is, created a bow for my shoes, and they turned out perfectly! I love them!

Lucas's shoes were custom made by Nike and on one side said, L and L, and on the other side July 3rd, on the back it read Est. 2009

We based our design for the programs on a college syllabus, not only to represent that our wedding was on a college campus, but also to represent our professions and our commitment to education.

We filled little plastic cups with ecofetti (it dissolves when it gets wet) and glued extra pieces of the invitation paper on the tops with instructions to shower us with love!

We borrowed one of Linda's beautiful bowls to hold the stones. Each guest received one and during the ceremony they were asked to hold it and fill it with well wishes. They filled a vase that currently sits on our kitchen table to remind us of the love and blessings from our family and friends.

Tara wrapped the candles with green and yellow ribbons.

Lucas built the chappuh and it will also go in our backyard.

Instead of a traditional guest book we had guests sign an Adirondack love seat, and we will seal it and put it in our backyard.

Centerpieces were clear, glass vases filled with lemons, and flowers.

We put the photos of our table names in clear frames and placed them on the tables.


My bridesmaids and mom all worked on die cutting and folding the favor boxes.

Favors were green & yellow M&Ms and yellow ducks made from white chocolate.

We had empty vases that we filled with our bouquets on the head table.

Linda gifted us bricks with our names stamped in them for Christmas and we used them on our head table.

Rings.

We created a small table in the reception lobby holding pictures of those who could not be with us on our special day. We had a sprig of rosemary, a candle, and a frame with their names.


We borrowed this chalkboard to explain the seating set-up, it stood next to the table with the name cards.

I printed pictures of our favorite things and edited them in Picnik, then added the table names in my favorite font, Lindsey. My mom (the crafty woman that she is) had these plastic tubes left over from something -- we had a neighbor cut them, and then cut out little notches so they would hold the pictures up -- then we wrapped them in leftover paper from the invitations.


Next up: The Last Ones!


Missed something? Catch up here!
Bustin' a Move!
Making it Official!
The Real Party Begins!
Dances, Toasts, and Cakes, Oh My!
The Party Begins!
"Fighting" Our Way In
Just Us!
The Ceremony!
The Long Walk!
Family Time!
Girls and Guys!
The Bride and Her Ladies!
The Groom and His Dudes!
First Look!
The One!
The Boys, The Boys!
The Girls Get Pretty!

No comments: